Michel Butor: Death of a Poet.

How sad to wake up to the news of Michel Butor's death, this morning. I read the news on my friend, Daniele Ferroni's Facebook feed. Daniele had a special relationship with the French novelist and poet, certainly one of the most iconic figures of the Nouveau Roman. The two have been good friends for almost fifteen years and Daniele produced exquisite publications of the master's work. He was also so generous as to ask me to translate some of Butor's poems. A demanding task in many ways, because Butor would use the French language in a down-to-earth way but filled with poetical genius that made me strive a lot. I so hope to have done justice to his words. May his path be forever graceful now, as was his life.




  Michel Butor
                                                               


  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Visceral Anne Sexton

Wearing Poetry

Recalling Pier Paolo Pasolini: A Force of the Past