Correspondence from & to the Poet

When writing a biography research is without doubt the key element of one's work. I have always believed that I would not find too much information online. And, I was wrong. I have found amazing information there. Also, I would not be able to stress enough how much the precious information I received from poets and friends of the Poet has helped and is helping me with the current work in progress.

This said, I know that what is really giving me a better perspective has been reading Jack's correspondence. Over the past three years I have collected hundreds of his letters and, the more I read them, the more I realize how essential they are to my research. Nothing can give me a better picture of the Poet's life than his own words.

I have spent my time lately rereading what the Poet and writers and poets like Djuna Barnes, Lawrence Ferlinghetti, Allen Ginsberg, Charles Bukowski, Robert Creeley, David Meltzer and many more wrote one another. It has been so highly entertaining and enlightening that I really hope to be able to acquire more correspondence in 2014.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Visceral Anne Sexton

Recalling Pier Paolo Pasolini: A Force of the Past

Wearing Poetry