What I Am Up To in the Poetical World

It seems I have finally learnt to be utterly content with my "in busy mode" nature. Given my life, I know some things I can change and others I cannot, nor probably wish to. And so, happily busy I am. After a particularly apathic period, I am definitely brushing up my poetical character. I am back to writing poetry and, above all, I am back to submitting poetry. I have dealt with a ridiculous number of rejections lately, but I have also aimed higher and so I was kind of expecting it. It hurts all the time but, I swear, there is nothing like a rejection to keep me alive and flaring up. The occasional wtf and life moves forward.

This said, I have spent the last few months busy with the bio's research, writing and getting in touch with more poets and friends of my poetical guru. It is a very, very engaging and yet beautiful experience. Not to mention enriching. I have also been translating 13 American poets for Patria Letteratura, an Italian online journal I am very glad to collaborate with. You may read my work here: http://www.patrialetteratura.com/tag/alessandra-bava/.

My chapbook Nocturne has been published last February by the amazing Edizioni PulcinoElefante in 33 copies. I was able to hand Patti Smith a copy when she was in Rome last April. The chapbook/poem is dedicated to her, in fact. I have also had two poems published in 2 different anthologies this spring. And, my first fiction piece has been accepted for publication in yet another anthology. I have a new collection I am working on and I have also been thinking about a new poetical and collaborative project. I am very glad to have a chance to work with a poet I love immensely. So much stuff going on that I have even neglected the blog. I do feel my life is pretty much like Nikolai Gogol described my city, Rome: "there is no time to get bored." Indeed!

 
Poet & painter Avaro Cardona-Hine
painted this wonderful robin for me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Visceral Anne Sexton

Wearing Poetry

Recalling Pier Paolo Pasolini: A Force of the Past